Cllrs Kevin Peel and Joan Davies launch our new play area in Cathedral Gardens with Gary Neville
Creating a family friendly city centre has been at the heart of all of our work in recent years.
- We supported the establishment of New Islington Free School in Ancoats and ensured that the catchment area included the city centre to give local parents the choice of a local primary school.
- We funded the delivery of two new children's play areas in Piccadilly Gardens and Cathedral Gardens and we'd like to see more.
- We constantly press for new developments to include three+ bedroom properties to allow for families, inclusion of proper amenities and suitable public realm and green space for children.
- We worked with parents and council officers to secure the future of the St Peter's Children's Centre at Manchester town hall, used by local parents with young children.
- We're supporting the establishment of a new high school just over the border in Ardwick with a catchment area covering the city centre.
We're always eager to hear from local families about issues or ideas to make the city centre more family friendly. Please get in touch!