Councillors secure new conditions on Element licence as extension approved.
City centre councillors secured six additional conditions on the licence of Element on Albion Street (behind the Hacienda) at a hearing where an extension of the venue's opening hours was approved.
Councillors objected to the extension of opening hours but the committee did not find that there was sufficient grounds to reject the extension on the evidence provided.
Cllr Joan Davies, who represented residents at the hearing, said:
"We would have liked to see the extension to the opening hours rejected but unfortunately the committee did not support this view. The importance of gathering sufficient evidence and registering complaints with the council when there are problems with venues cannot be overstated.
"We're pleased we secured the additional conditions which address some of the concerns of residents and we'll be keeping a close eye on the venue to ensure they are adhered to."
1. Supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises only.
2. The applicant shall arrange with Environmental Health to assess noise levels and adjust the noise limiter at the premises, if deemed appropriate by Environmental Health.
3. The rear doors of the premises which open to the canal side, are to remain closed when the premises are open for licensable activities.
4. Door staff shall remain on duty until 30 minutes after the premises are closed to aid dispersal of customers. Door staff shall clearly display their SIA badges on their person at all times that they are on duty.
5. There shall be no new admittance of customers to the premises after 02:00.
6. The Applicant shall offer to meet with the residents within one month of the variation of the licence coming into operation and then further offers to meet shall be made every 3 months.